jueves, 23 de septiembre de 2010

EB11



What's the meaning behind the band's name?
Well the name EB11 really means nothing, I tell you the story: the number 11 has chased me around all my life, I see it everywhere, when I look at the time, plain tickets, train tickets, car plates you name it. One night I was in my little home studio recording some demos. It was really late at night and I was really tired, but I wanted to finish what I was doing, anyways I needed to export the file to be able to hear the final mix and to be able to do that you need to name the file, so I just hit the keyboard like whatever just to put a name to the file and guess what the name was.... yeah that's right EB11, the minute I saw this I felt it was right so I decided to call my music project EB11. some people think that the name of the band comes from my name Eber, and I guess that's right too but it was not my intention to name the band after me.

How the band started??
After I had recorded about 10 or 12 demo songs I started to feel that I wanted to have a band, you know people to gig with, have fun, and try further the project as a band as much as we could.

So I went to the local music store, and left a demo there. The guy that worked in the store was interested in joining the band,so I thought cool! then he introduced me to Marc Quee (Bass Player) and then Marc introduced me to Manuel Conti (El Maestro) and that's pretty much how we started, the guy from the music store never joined the band, because he thought that it was a pain in the neck to rehears on Sundays, hehehhheh so we were a trio for a while. After about a year as a trio Elio Andrade(Guitar) jumped in and we have been like this for almost 2 1/2 years.

What's the message to transmit with your music??
I usually try to write about positive things you know, like songs that can make you feel good when you are in a bad mood or stuff like that, although I must say that I don't always succeed.
Sometimes I am in a really shitty mood myself, and I pick up the guitar, and all these feelings are words are rushing to my head and then after an hour wow! here's a new song and not a happy one hehhehe....
I mean there are really no rules for me or us when it comes down to writing music, I think music is a way of expression, and you have to express what you feel.

When I said this about writing about positive message is be cause for me there's nothing more uplifting than music, you know, Sometimes when thing have not been going well I just listen to whatever song I like and that has a good message and it really helps to calm me down or to get through the situation, and I would like to be able to make people feel like this when listen to my songs, well at least I try hehehehe....

What's your method at the time of writing a song??
I jam a lot by myself, sit in front of the computer put some beats on see if I can come up with something cool, if not just mainly playing guitar, I'm always thinking about music and ideas for songs sometimes I'm walking down the street and all of the sudden I hear this weird rif in my head, so I start singing them and record them in my cell phone.

Pretty cool I guess, ideas just come from everywhere at any time...

Which is your music influences??
Ohhh man! I could go on for ever,but I 'll make it short. For lyrics life and my own experiences, and like I said before sometimes try to picture the good life and share it with others.
Musically: I listen to a lot of different music all the time, from techno to pop, dance latin, some hip hop, some Rn'B Metal and all its subgenres. but I have to admit that I am a huge fan of Incubus I really like that band. That is like my biggest influence.

What plans do you guys have for the future??
Ohh the future.... Man We are going on tour!! we are really exited about this. the people from Raging Storm Records are helping us with our first US tour which will be in the summer of 2011.

Right now that is our main focus get ready for the tour. After that, I think we will begin with the writing and recording of the new record, I have already a couple of demo songs that could make to that 3rd album but like I said the main focus right now is the tour.

Which has been the funniest prank you guys have been or took part while on tour or after a show??
Well... This probably isn't so funny for everybody else but for us was really funny....
We traveled to Gran Canarias to play a gig there. before the show started we were eating pizza and Manuel the drummer was telling a story about a guy he knew that took some drugs before a show and that he lost the perspective of time signature and stuff and that he was playing really slow and stuff.

Well.. we go on stage right, and we started playing our set and everything was going good but then when it was time play the our heavier faster stuff Manuel lost it, and started playing a song that was supposed to be at 130 bpm and he was playing it at about 60 bpm.

It was so funny for us because he was saying he does not drink not even a beer before a show be cause he likes to be focused and then this happened, it is still a joke for us every time we are going to before a show we don't allow him to eat pizza...

If you guys were stranded in the middle of nowhere after a show or while on tour. The help is 65 miles away from where you guys are, ¿Who would you guys send to look for help? And if while the rest wait, there's no food and the only way to feed yourself is by eating each other, ¿Who would you eat first?
That is a hard question to answer... I have to guess that, we would flip a coin, or 2 will go get help while the other 2 keep and eye on the things.

About the eating each other part..... I have no idea how that would turn out.

Which country you guys would love to play?
US, England, China, Japan, Australia... etc...

With which bands you guys would love to share stage??
Me I'd love to share stage with Incubus, I know that Marc would love to share stage with Kiss, Manuel probably any band that has a progressive drummer like Dream Theater or something, and Elio He'll probably be happy sharing stage with someone like Chick Korea or Joe Satriani.

Are you guys OK, with the direction the band is going actually?
We are really happy man! I mean the fact that we are going on tour next summer! is just amazing, from a band coming from Tenerife, that means a lot. People listen to our songs in Jango or any other online radio station and they like it and comment on the music and stuff, but I think we are so much better live, the energy that flows in our shows is really cool and people can feel that, so hopefully this tour will open some doors for us so that we can continue doing what we do best, Music!

Check out more: http://www.myspace.com/eb11music

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario