jueves, 23 de septiembre de 2010

Giovonni Pratt



How the did started with all this??
Well, it started while growing up in a musically influenced household back in Bronx, New York. My step father is a DJ, so I used to listen to all the latest records. It's funny because I never had an interest in spinning records at the time. I always wanted to be that guy on the mic, you know? At first, I started writing poems in Junior High School. I then moved on to writing full verses before I graduated from high school. If I can remember right, I think I completed my first song at the age of 16, and it sucked, lol!

What's the message to transmit with your music??
I want to transmit real music. Music that everyone around the world can relate to, and to truly define the word real I mean giving you my life though music. I want to share my pain, my beliefs, my joy, and my political views. When I transmit my real music, I want people to walk away with a piece of my soul.

What's your method at the time of writing a song??
It's funny you ask that. I just had a friend of mine ask me the same question last night, and I told him, " I listen to the melody of the beat, and then form a concept around the track. Sometimes, I can just listen to a beat, and picture what the music video would be, and then build a song around that concept. Weird, right?

Which is your music influences??
I'm into a lot of old school R&B, Jazz, Alternative, Hip Hop, Christian Rock, and more. Artists like Atlantic Starr, Patrice Rushen, Denice Williams, Creed, Common, Fallout Boy, Nas, Tragedy Khadafi, Wu Tang, Pete Rock. Sound Garden, and many more. Lately, I've been listening to a lot of Stevie Wonder albums because I want to create a soulful jazzy record with the same 70's acoustic sound... Check out Stevie Wonder's albums, they are incredible!

What plans do you have for the future??
To be honest, I really see my self on the west coast doing something with my Business Degree. It could be in music, or an office over looking the beautiful San Francisco sky line doing marketing and promotions.

Which has been the funniest prank you have been or took part while on tour or after a show??
Lol, Well when I was doing promotions during the Wu Tang's Gza's "Beneath The Surface" Promotion tour. My self, and a crew of my friends went to Miami. We had two promotional vans that weekend, and Unique, our boss at the time, had this crazy idea. He said " Yo, we should go around posing as the rappers we are promoting." We did it, and had women going crazy, they screamed, ran toward the truck, asked for autographs, tugged our clothing just to get a picture. I would have love to see those chicks face when they Found out we

If you were stranded in the middle of nowhere after a show or while on tour. The help is 65 miles away from where you and your band (If any) are, ¿Who would you send to look for help? And if while the rest wait, there's no food and the only way to feed yourself is by eating each other, ¿Who would you eat first?
Man, that's hard The crew I run with, Izm, Illa, S.C, Inkk, Dj Fu, and my self are a tight unit. I think I would send Izm to find help since he knows mma moves. As far as eating someone, wow! DJ fu might be our best option, he is built like an offensive line American Football player.

Which country you would love to play?
I would love to play in Germany, and areas around it. I ear the Hip Hop scene is fantastic, and I would love to be apart of it


With which bands you would love to share stage??
I would love to rock out with Black Thought, and The Roots crew. The band is so versatile, and can play any beat at the drop of a dime the stage would have Q Tip, KRS1, Tragedy Khadafi, and my crew, The Umbrella Corp.

Are you OK, with the direction the band is going actually?
Yes, I love my group. The love even shows in our music. Check out some of it on my myspace page, www.myspace.com/giovonniny.

If anyone is interested in more of me or my bands music. Please, email me at giovonnipratt@gmail.com

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario