jueves, 23 de septiembre de 2010

Humboldt Lagoon



What's the meaning behind the band's name?
A place of beauty that you don't want to visit after dark.

How the band started?? 
It's actually a project that I started in 2009 after playing in several Chicago based bands.
I play multiple instruments and decided it was time to make an album free of politics and creative differences. I only have to argue with the voices in my head now and I can move in stealth.

What's the message to transmit with your music??
It's all relative. What message would you like to hear?

What's your method at the time of writting a song??
Something akin to a mad scientist with instruments and microphones. No 2 songs have the same process. Generally, when something really grabs me, it's quite a manic process.

Which is your music influences??
So, so many. Some obvious, some not so much. Definitely music of a timeless nature. 

What plans do you guys have for the future??
To keep on doing what I'm doing. Only better.

Which has been the funniest prank you guys have been or took part while on tour or after a show??   Muttering Tom Waits "My Jesus gonna be here" repeatedly in a hotel elevator with a very frightened conservative touristy seeming gentleman. 

If you guys were stranded in the middle of nowhere after a show or while on tour. The help is 65 miles away from where you guys are, ¿Who would you guys send to look for help? And if while the rest wait, there's no food and the only way to feed yourself is by eating each other, ¿Who would you eat first?
It's just me so I would have to send my pet homing pigeon, Mojo for help. I can't eat myself, as I am a vegetarian.

Which country you guys would love to play? All of them.

With which bands you guys would love to share stage??  
Anyone that plays honest, passionate music.

Are you guys OK, with the direction the band is going actually?
Actually, yes.

Check out more: http://www.myspace.com/humboldtlagoon

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario