jueves, 23 de septiembre de 2010

Protege



How the did started with all this?
"Well, I got saved at the age of 18 and that's when I started gospel
rapping.  After I gave my life to Christ I began to read and study the
Bible before I actually started writing rhymes.  God then blessed me
with the gift to write music using the music as a ministry to touch
others with my testimony, and  impacting anyone who listens by the
power of the Holy Spirit."

What's the message to transmit with your music?
"The message that I am trying to get across is God's greatest gift
"LOVE".  When people hear the music, by the power of the Holy Spirit
they will feel the presence of God.  The music deals with conviction
of sins, love, joy, peace and life application. The message is
inspired to me by God and I am trying hard as I possibly can to be
obedient to God's word, by denying myself and not leaning on my own
understanding, but following God's Will for my life."

What's your method at the time of writing a song?
"Umm..My method of writing a song is some what difficult to explain.
I pray first, then let the Spirit of God do the rest.  I try hard not
to force anything out on paper or write anything if I am upset about
something.  With writing it's very easy for emotion to come out on
paper verses God's Will.  See, if God doesn't give me the emotion then
I personally consider it my own emotion and I don't like writing from
emotion.

Which is your music influences?
"My favorite music influences are Lecrae, Flame, Da 'Truth and
basically the entire 116 clique.  I notice that I am influenced by
local artists that I grew up with that continue to chase a dream and
never give up.  Nu Covenanat is one of those groups from Cleveland
Ohio who really influence and encourage me to keep going.  Also,
Nicole West aka Nik Sound, she is also from Cleveland Ohio and
continues to worship God.  Those people worship God through their
music regardless of the situation or if they get a deal or not."

What plans do you have for the future?
"That's a great question.  As of right now I am in Afghanistan and
while I've been out here God has given me the next step for the
ministry.  We are working on a ministry called "Team Christ's
Protege".  We plan to target the city of Cleveland through praise and
worship, dance, singing, rapping and preaching the gospel of Christ
across the city.  Matthew 16:24 is our motto.  We do things unto
Christ and for Christ.  Not for ourselves."

Which has been the funniest prank you have been or took part while on
tour or after a show?
"I have never been in any prank after a show."

If you were stranded in the middle of nowhere after a show or while on
tour. The help is 65 miles away from where you and your band (If any)
are, ¿Who would you send to look for help? And if while the rest wait,
there's no food and the only way to feed yourself is by eating each
other, ¿Who would you eat first?
"This is a goofy question.  Umm..LOL I am not sure how to answer this,
but I wouldn't eat anyone if i was stranded.  I would be doing alot of
praying and since it's only me and I don't have a band I would be
trying to walk 65 miles to get help."

Which country you would love to play?
"I would love to play in France because it seems like a fun place to
be and I want to taste the food there.  I hear people say the people
in France are nice people, and I have never been there before.  I've
heard all good things about France and nothing bad so i wouldn't mind
going there.  Although any country would be fun to perform in."

With which bands you would love to share stage?
"I would love to be on stage with 116 Clique or the Barlow Girls."

Are you OK, with the direction the band is going actually?
"I am excited about where God has taken and is taking the ministry.
Being an individual artist ministering the gospel of Christ is one ot
the greatest things that has ever happened in my life.  I would love
to have a team of artists to work with or even feature on some other
tracks with different gospel artists.  I love sharing the gospel of
Christ with others on stage or off stage."

Check out more: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Young-and-BOSS/112282275488983?v=box_3&ref=sgm

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario