sábado, 27 de noviembre de 2010

A-Block



What's the meaning behind your name?
I got the name A-Block aka The B.C.H. Veteran when my uncle was in jail for a few years as well as some friends of mine. That’s the story behind my name. The 2nd meaning of it comes from my labels Black City Hustla (B.C.H.) Records and I really work hard for the label and act like a veteran. That’s why I go by A-Block The B.C.H. Veteran

How did you get started with all this?
When I was 6 years old I would listen to rap and hip-hop. When I first heard it I started to like it because the music was so creative and I liked the way it flowed together and the beats and what they would talk about. The taste of rap was good and I would rap lots of songs from 2 Pac, Biggie Smalls, Snoop Dogg, Dr.Dre ect. So one day a dude told me "Hey you got talent and you’re good too. You should record and write your own songs“. I started to think about his statement and after giving it some though, I decided to give it a try. So I started to write some bars/lyrics. Nowadays I rep my label „Black City Hustla Records“ till my death.

What's the message to transmit with your music?
I want to send a message to people and encourage them not to give up in life, just keep your head up and do your thang. Turn your dreams into reality and keep it 500% & stay true to yourself. Also I want to let people know that you can turn violence into lyrics and you dont need to pull a trigger to solve your problems. Write lyrics and solve your problems with a pen and paper. Don't be a offender, be a SONG WRITER.

What's your method at the time of writting a song?
Well, sometimes when I get in my zone, I start writing my flows down or I when I have thoughts in my mind for a beat, I start putting them together like a puzzle.

Who are your music influences?
My influences in the rap game are the legendary 2 Pac, Biggie Smalls, Big L, Dr.Dre, Guru, Outlawz, Snoop, Crooked I, The Game, Young Buck, ect.

What plans do you guys have for the future?
My main plan is trying to make it big with my label and move to the next level. I also want to be an inspiration to the youth and to my fans as well as bring a new generation and style to the rap game.

What has been the greatest day as a musician?
The greatest day as a musician was having my music played on the radio

What are your hobbies?
I love playing basketball, baseball, soccer, writing music, promoting my music and working with my label

What country would you guys love to play in?
Everywhere North and South America, Asia, Europe, ect.

With what bands would you guys love to share the stage with?
Crooked I, Outlawz, The Game, Young Buck, G-Unit, Twista ect.

Are you guys happy with the direction the band is going?
Yes. I'm confident with the direction we’re going in. We're steady grinding and getting things done the B.C.H way. I'm doing pretty good with my music, I'm still writing songs for my fans out there and trying to make a difference in my community. We're just taking care of business step by step. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario