jueves, 23 de septiembre de 2010

Christian D. and the Hangovers






What's the meaning behind the band's name?
C: My name is Christian- so that's fairly obvious, & The Hangovers is probably a reference to our beer swilling seat of your pants live show- but Dano from the Von Drats named the band, so you'd have to ask him.

How the band started??
C: Basically out of boredom with my old band. It seemed like we could never get anything done, so I started playing drums and guitar at the same time in the rehearsal room, then gradually roped people in to the thing.

What's the message to transmit with your music??
C: If I had a message, I'd send out a press release.
Basically I wanna have fun, and just take the songs wherever they lead... some of them are from a semi-serious point of view, and some are just stupid fun, whichever I find more interesting at the time.

What's your method at the time of writing a song??
C: There's no particular method here, sometimes they come like they are already written- I can just sit down and the whole thing comes together in a flash, sometimes it's more a of labour where bits will hang around for quite awhile before they get done. "Vampire Rocker" is one where the lyrics were written years ago, then one night at the jam space, Brendan had a cool guitar riff that reminded me of these old lyrics and bam! the thing was done.

Which is your music influences??
C: The Cramps and Nick Cave are probably the two biggest ones, with Elvis and Dwight Yoakum thrown in the mix as well.

What plans do you guys have for the future??
C: I'm planning to write a new record... but's it still just planning - there seems to be precious little work being done right now...

Which has been the funniest prank you guys have been or took part while on tour or after a show??
C: No pranks really, that's not my kind of humour, but there's been some drunken incidents involving late nights, a lot of booze and half naked burlesque gals.

If you guys were stranded in the middle of nowhere after a show or while on tour. The help is 65 miles away from where you guys are, ¿Who would you guys send to look for help? And if while the rest wait, there's no food and the only way to feed yourself is by eating each other, ¿Who would you eat first?
C: Sort of a silly question, yeah? Guess I'd go for help and let the guys work out the cannibalism among themselves.

Which country you guys would love to play?
C: All of them. Immediately.

With which bands you guys would love to share stage??
C: I'd love to open for Nick Cave with the Bad Seeds or Grinderman, but I have a feeling it would be really terribly humbling.

Are you guys OK, with the direction the band is going actually?
C: Actually not really, no. I want it to be a little more... everything.

Check out more of this band by going to: http://www.reverbnation.com/christiandandthehangovers

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario