jueves, 23 de septiembre de 2010

Rachel Marie



How did you started with all this??
My dad is a singer/songwriter, so growing up, I heard him around the house constantly singing and playing, his guitar or his violin. Music has always been a presence in my life. When I got to be about 8 or 9 years old, I started singing songs into a Fisher Price cassette tape recorder about piano lessons and sweeping the sidewalk. Eventually, the songs I sang changed into something with real meaning to me, by which time I had started to familiarize myself with the piano and the guitar. Things have taken off from there.

What's the message to transmit with your music??
There isn't one particular message I try to convey with my music. I don't usually sit down to write a song because I have a message to get out there. I sit down to write a song because I need to, because there is something inside me that won't settle until whatever is unnerving me is written and sung. I suppose that conveys honesty and openness. My music helps me live with honesty and openness.

What's your method at the time of writting a song??
When something is inside me that needs to get out, I sit with a paper and a pen until I'm satisfied. That's as close to method as it gets for me.

Which is your music influences??
My daddy has always influenced me and will always influence my music, I believe. My parents' musical tastes while I was growing up influenced me a lot at the beginning. Indigo Girls, James Taylor, Bob Dylan, and others, of course. When I got older, I discovered people I loved of my own accord. Patty Griffin, Ani DiFranco, Ingrid Michaelson. The list goes on and on. And it always includes local artists and friends. They're as important as anyone.

What plans do you have for the future??
For the immediate future, selling my debut album and expanding my fanbase. Hopefully a tour of sorts in the summer of 2011! And to keep recording. I never want to stop.

If you were stranded in the middle of nowhere after a show or while on tour. The help is 65 miles away from where you and your band (If any) are, ¿Who would you send to look for help? And if while the rest wait, there's no food and the only way to feed yourself is by eating each other, ¿Who would you eat first?
Well I'm a vegetarian. So no eating friends for me. And if my drummer is with me, I'm certainly not going to put up with that ginger eating me. Here's the situation: it's me, my drummer, and my best friend. The three of us go look for help together, my best friend films the whole endeavor, we sing and dance along the way to keep ourselves happy (make sure you're imagining this through the night vision of a DVR), and my drummer screams like a little girl whenever he hears a twig snap. Eventually we take refuge in some hotel that doesn't require that you be 21 to check in, unlike the hotel that kicked us out in Connecticut because we're minors.

Which country you would love to play?
Take me anywhere, and I will play for you.

With which bands you would love to share stage??
Indigo Girls. Girlyman. Ani DiFranco. Ingrid Michaelson. Patty Griffin. Carole King.

Are you OK, with the direction the band is going actually?
Well my career is moving, if only in the beginning stages, and I'm pumped about that! It's all I can really ask for. It's all expanding from here.

Check out more: http://www.myspace.com/rachelmariemakesmusic and rachelmarie.com

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario