jueves, 23 de septiembre de 2010

Stacey Kozy



How the did you get started with all this??
I've always had a love and passion for music, probably stemming from my mom playing too much Barbara Streisand and oldies in the car when she drove me to school. I started out with choirs, just in school, but couldn't get enough singing in my life. After I picked up a guitar when I was about 15, and started writing my own material, I knew I wanted to do it for the rest of my life.

What's the message to transmit with your music??
That's a good question, and a hard one to answer. I guess the easy thing to say would be that I hope people can take away something personal from it. I know a song that I write probably won't mean the same thing to everyone, and that's the beauty of it. If I can make people think, or use their imaginations, or simply feel something through my music, I consider that pretty successful.

What's your method at the time of writting a song??
I'm a lyrics person...I always write lyrics first and somehow I've been lucky enough to create music that fits those lyrics. I don't have a specific process, other than that. It's hard for me to actually sit down and write a song. Most of my songs start out on napkins, post-it notes, or text messages I send to myself.

Who are your music influences??
I like to listen to a little bit of everything...directly, I look up to a lot of female singer/songwriters, such as Ingrid Michaelson, Brandi Carlile, Katie Herzig, etc. But, I gain influence from a lot of different styles. I love Motown, old jazz standards, folk, old country, rock, and even a little bit of pop.

What plans do you have for the future??
Singing. Lots of singing.

Which has been the funniest prank you have been or took part while on tour or after a show??
Well, I usually perform solo, but I wouldn't put it past me to pull a prank on myself. ...Or something.

If you were stranded in the middle of nowhere after a show or while on tour. The help is 65 miles away from where you and your band (If any) are, ¿Who would you send to look for help? And if while the rest wait, there's no food and the only way to feed yourself is by eating each other, ¿Who would you eat first?
That sounds kind of awful. But then again, I don't really fancy the idea of eating myself.... Maybe I should start bringing emergency food with me wherever I go.

Which country you would love to play?
Oh, wow...so many. The top of my list would probably be Germany, Ireland, Italy, and Greece.

With which bands you would love to share stage??
I've had a lot of great opportunities to play with some really talented bands and artists, and this probably sounds cliche since I mentioned she was one of my influences, but it'd really be an honor to play with Ingrid Michaelson. Her live shows are incredible, and I'd love to be a part of that kind of energy.

Are you OK, with the direction the band is going actually?
Perfectly okay with it! I've been fortunate enough to have people looking out for me, and helping me along the way. As long as I keep moving forward with what I want to do, it's hard not to be happy.

Check out more of this artist by going to http://www.myspace.com/staceykozy

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario