jueves, 23 de septiembre de 2010

Tyler Boone

What's the meaning behind the band's name?
We just call the band now, "Tyler Boone" but we used to call ourselves "Red House" which we got from of course, the Jimi Hendrix song.

How the band started??
The band started back my freshmen year in college in 2008 and it was my old bud Eric McMichael, the drummer who came up to me and flat out said "jam band - lets do it." I was just getting out of the metal/hard rock scene and I was looking to do something new and on my own. We found the bass player John Fletcher and things just took off. We all played back in jazz band in high school, so we were all familiar with one another and we just meshed right in together.

What's the message to transmit with your music??
Each song I write and record is my own way of transmitting each life event I've gone through or I am going through. It's the best way for myself to express myself. 

What's your method at the time of writting a song??
I always write the music first. Being a guitar player before a singer/songwriter, it just comes naturally to me. To write the music first and then the lyrics just makes more sense to me. I can then just sit there with the music and write out lyrics that really fit the song I'm trying to get out.

Which is your music influences??
I really don't take to much influence from bands, but from guitar players and singer/songwriters. Being a blues guitarist, I enjoy Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, John Mayer, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Steven Fiore and many many more.

What plans do you guys have for the future??
Our next plans are to go record again by the end of 2010 and make a 3rd record. We just need help from people to buy our music off of itunes and our bandcamp, "tylerboone.bandcamp.com" so that we can raise the money to do so.

Which has been the funniest prank you guys have been or took part while on tour or after a show??
One time before a gig and we were getting ready to pack up and head out, (we used to practice in a storage unit, so tons of bands practiced there) and one of the metal bands, I think they were called "alcohol-acost?" were jamming and to just be a jerks we ran on top of the roof and starting "moshing" on top of where they were. The screamer came running out and just started yelling and complaining on how unprofessional we were and how they were being "creative..." The bad part was, we were the bluesy trio band and we were being the jerks, not the hardcore bands...haha

If you guys were stranded in the middle of nowhere after a show or while on tour. The help is 65 miles away from where you guys are, ¿Who would you guys send to look for help? And if while the rest wait, there's no food and the only way to feed yourself is by eating each other, ¿Who would you eat first? I believe we would wait it out for the worst...there is just too much love for us to eat one another haha.

Which country you guys would love to play?
We would love to play anywhere in Europe, that be amazing.

With which bands you guys would love to share stage??
The Black Keys, John Mayer, any kind of big blues band from the "Crossroads" festival, that be amazng.

Are you guys OK, with the direction the band is going actually?
We all seem ok with it. We just really want to get back into the studio this December and get the money raised. It's hard, but with help from fans, we can do it!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario