jueves, 14 de octubre de 2010

Pedro e os Lobos



What's the meaning behind the band's name? Pedro e os Lobos (Peter and the wolves).
As I did every songs and lyrics alone and solitary, my friends use to say that I am like a wolf hanging around...


How did you get started with all this??
I start some home recordings on 2009 and I show my music to some musicians friend of mine, they enjoy and we start working, but this is a very personal project so tomorrow I will work with other guys for shore.

What's the message to transmit with your music??
Pedro e os Lobos is an exercise about musical freedom in which the mix of landscapes alternate between the passion for the desert and the awe by the urban chaos organization, creating the feeling of a voyage through various and different stops.
The quest for the origins and musical simplicity is a constant exercise in this debut record.
Mixing the Blues, the Contemporary and the Dark Pop, with cinematic environments and story telling, which could, in fact, be the soundtrack of an ordinary day-to-day routine, are at the core of this first record.
This record is part of a process of observation and learning from the old masters.

What's your method at the time of writing a song??
There is no special method, just happens!

Who are your music influences??
I really love the old blues guys and mix with that some cinematic environments, I like Ry Cooder, Neil Young, Jonhy Cash, Bruce Spingsteen , Jonh Mellencamp, Suzan Vega... And Tom Waits.

What plans do you guys have for the future??
Well...we will release the debut album here in Portugal and tour down here and  I am looking for a labels around the world to license and a manager as well.

If you guys were stranded in the middle of nowhere after a show or while on tour. The help is 65 miles away from where you guys are, ¿Who would you guys send to look for help? And if while the rest wait, there's no food and the only way to feed yourself is by eating each other, ¿Who would you eat first?
LOL, I would tell the band to go look for help, so they could not eat me and than probably start dancing.

What country you guys would love to play?
All the Scandinavia,USA ,Canada, Japan, Cuba and Argentina.

With what bands you guys would love to share stage??
Cowboy Junkies and Neil Young

Are you guys OK, with the direction the band is going actually?
I hope so! But if I feel lost I get my GPS or maybe look at the starts at night.





Check out more: http://www.reverbnation.com/pedroeoslobos

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario