domingo, 3 de octubre de 2010

Richard Staines



How did you get started with all this??
I have always been active in music since I was in school. I enjoy experimenting with it, playing it and performing it. I am a lifestyle musician.

What's the message to transmit with your music??
The message in my music is about life and music. "Be tolerant". Be tolerant of different cultures, ideas and influences. My music draws from a variety of genres of music and merges them into my own. I think in the same way we can do the same with different cultures in a multi-cultural society.

What's your method at the time of writing a song??
I always start with the music. I dabble with ideas on the guitar and gradually grow it into a structure. I usually get the melody line around this time. Then comes the 1st verse. Once I have that I know the theme of the song. So I can build the next few verses. If I feel the music is good enough I will leave it as instrumental and not write any words.

Which is your music influences??
Varied. Pink Floyd, Eric Clapton, Tracy Chapman, Donovan, Duke Ellington, Bach, Tom Jones, The Chieftans, Robert Johnson. 

What plans do you have for the future??
To continue playing and writing and getting involved more and more in the live music scene. And to continue doing charity gigs each year. It's nice to put the music to a good cause too.

Which has been the funniest prank you have been or took part while on tour or after a show??
None I'm afraid. 

If you were stranded in the middle of nowhere after a show or while on tour. The help is 65 miles away from where you and your band (If any) are, ¿Who would you send to look for help? And if while the rest wait, there's no food and the only way to feed yourself is by eating each other, ¿Who would you eat first?
I have to send myself as I have no band members.

Which country you would love to play?
Japan. I love Japan but I have never played there.

With which bands you would love to share stage??
Tracy Chapman. She was a breath of fresh ar to acoustic guitar playing in 1980s. 

Are you OK, with the direction the band is going actually?
Yes, no particular direction. I make it up as I go along. You can do that as a solo act. It's a feeling of freedom.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario