martes, 12 de octubre de 2010

Whitton



What's the meaning behind the band's name? "Whitton" is my legal name. My stage name as a solo artist.

How did you get started with all this??
I've been writing and performing live since the age of 6. I'm about to finish up my album, which is in collaboration with producer/co-writer Ian Coyne.

What's the message to transmit with your music?? Wishful, secretive, curious, complex and alluring... We all have felt this way before. But most times we don't know how to express it. Music is how I express mine...

What's your method at the time of writing a song?? I have many... alone in my room with guitar is always the best! I do have the privilege of co/writing with many wonderful musicians. I start by singing a melody or they start with a piano or guitar riff. Sometimes, I spill out lyrics first on WORD and wait for the perfect melody fit.

Who are your music influences? 
I have a musical family of 6 and we all have our own musical endeavors. Ultimately, they inspire me the most. Other than that, I was raised on all types of music from Johnnie Cash, The Beatles, Gipsy Kings, Smashing Pumpkins to Frank Sinatra. I really gravitate to just GOOD songs.

What plans do you guys have for the future?? Well... my plan is to tour the world's stadiums and concert halls. Touch people hearts with words and song. And... hopefully, put some gas in my car along the way.

What has been the funniest prank you guys have been or took part while on tour or after a show??  Not sure I have one.

If you guys were stranded in the middle of nowhere after a show or while on tour. The help is 65 miles away from where you guys are, ¿Who would you guys send to look for help? And if while the rest wait, there's no food and the only way to feed yourself is by eating each other, ¿Who would you eat first?
My family would soon find me... I'd hope! I think I'd try eating the instruments before even thinking about eating anyone in my band.

What country you guys would love to play? UK.

With what bands you guys would love to share stage??  Rufus Wainwright, Michael Buble, Demon Rice, Coldplay, Ray LaMontagne 

Are you guys OK, with the direction the band is going actually? Fantastic! The possibilities are endless! Looking forward to writing better and better songs.




Check out more: www.WhittonMusic.com

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario