lunes, 25 de octubre de 2010

Jessica Johnson

 
 
How did you get started with all this?
Music has always been my passion and first love, but I didn't begin pursuing it until after high school.  I never received any formal training...almost all of my singing was done while driving in my car.  In fact, I would make myself late to work driving in circles because I wanted to finish singing a song.  Then after high school, I met up with other music lovers and began recording and performing.  It was funny because most of my friends and family had no idea I sang until I performed the National Anthem in FedEx for the Washington Redskins.  It was quite an abrupt change.

What's the message you like to transmit with your music?
Positivity, Confidence, Life Experiences...I'm very honest in my lyrics.  Every song I've ever written is either about my own personal experience or the experience of someone close to me.  Some songs are upbeat, some are more mellow and retrospective.  I like to experiment with genres too...some have rock influence, some r&b.

What's your method at the time of writing a song?
The first time I hear an instrumental or a beat, I know right then if I want to work with it or not. My vocal melody, and sometimes even lyrics, will come out immediately. If it has to be forced at all, I shelf it.

Who are your music influence?
As simple as this might sound, the music itself is my influence.  I love and appreciate all styles and genres of music.  When I listen to a song on the radio, I hear 3 basic elements:  Vocals, Lyrics, Production.  It's rare for me to find a song where I love all 3, but usually I can appreciate atleast 1 element in every song.  I might hate the lyrics, and even the vocals, but totally appreciate the production and engineering.  Or maybe I'll think the production is mediocre, but love the vocals.

What plans do you have for the future?
I recently just signed a deal with HGR, who places music in tv/film.  I'm hoping that this is the beginning of a bright future in songwriting for me.

What has been the greatest day in your career?
I can't really pin it down to one day.  The greatest days for me are days when I'm excited about whatever song I'm recording...when the song is still fresh and relatively new.
If you were stranded in the middle of nowhere after a show or while on tour and help is 65 miles away from where you and your band (If any) are:
Who would you send to look for help? 
And if while the rest wait, there's no food and the only way to feed yourself is by eating each other, who would you eat first?
Ha!  OK, well hopefully my cell phone still has reception so I can just call a cab. And as long as the closest burger joint is also 65 miles away, I'll be okay.

What are your hobbies?
I'm pretty easy going.  I love hanging out with my close friends.  I don't do bars or clubs...unless I'm performing in them.  

In which country you would love to play?
I guess, Italy.  I love their food, wine, and culture.

With which bands you would love to share stage?
Aerosmith and Green Day.  I've loved them since I was in middle school.

Are you OK with the direction you are going?
I'm not where I thought I'd be at this point in my life, but I'm happy regardless, so yes.




Check out more: www.sonicbids.com/jessicajohnson

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario