domingo, 17 de octubre de 2010

Mateo Medina



How did you get started with all this??
I have loved music all my life but never chased after my dream until I was 14.  I decided to pursue my love of music through dance.  I took dance lessons from Fredastair studio in Boston, MA from instructor Eric "3D" Cruz, who learned from the Michael Jackson's choreographer's assistant.  I took to dancing immediately and learned a lot of moves at a rapid pace.  A few months later, I joined a crew by the name of "Losst Unnown" and began training with them.  My body began to develop and I learned how to be "in touch" and intimate with music.  I learned how to interpret every beat, high hat, vocal melody, etc. of a song and translate it using my body.  While dancing, I gained the confidence to pursue my love of music through singing-songwriting.  I took singing lessons at the age of 16 and began recording with a grammy award nominated producer/engineer and up-and-coming singer-songwriter Jared Jones.  I trained my voice and my mind to come up to pace with many of the mainstream artists out today.  At The age of 18 I am beginning to perform throughout the US and looking to possibly go over seas to perform throughout the world.  I am the first male artist signed to Kutroc Records.

What's the message to transmit with your music??
The message I try to send through my music varies with each song but so far every song I have made is based of real life experiences.  The one thing I try to do in my songs is to tell a story that the listeners can relate directly to and sing it in a way that will make them feel the emotions I was feeling at that point in time.  I want the listener to feel like their living that event with me.  I also am very against speaking about woman in a derogatory way.

What's your method at the time of writing a song??
Each song is developed in different ways but all start with a developed concept of what I want the song to talk about.  Then I base the beat and instruments around the feel of the concept that I want to portray.

Who are your music influences??
Maxwell, Ginuwine, Usher, Tank, Babyface, Michael Jackson, Ne-yo, Alicia Keys, and Justin Timberlake.

What plans do you have for the future??
I plan to keep on expanding my musical career as an Artist and Performer.  I will keep training my mind, Voice, and body and wont stop till I break into the music industry.

What has been the funniest prank you have been or took part while on tour or after a show??
Umm haven't done a prank yet on tour or after show but my team and I always have a great time and just bug out.

If you were stranded in the middle of nowhere after a show or while on tour. The help is 65 miles away from where you and your band (If any) are, ¿Who would you send to look for help? And if while the rest wait, there's no food and the only way to feed yourself is by eating each other, ¿Who would you eat first?
I would probably send CEO of KutRoc because I know he would make someone help us LOL, and I wouldn't eat anyone, it's just not my thing...ha-ha.

What country would you love to play?
I would like to perform all around the world but definitely in Puerto Rico. 

With what bands you would love to share stage??
A collab with Usher, Mario, Ne-yo, Michael Jackson (R.I.P.), Maxwell, and Alicia Keys.

Are you OK, with the direction the band is going actually?
Yes I love the way the label is going and how my career is shaping up to be.




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario