lunes, 25 de octubre de 2010

Seraplane



What's the meaning behind the band's name?
Landon: I was looking through the dictionary one day and the word seriplane jumped out at me. All the guys agreed, but they wanted to change the “i” to an “a,” which sort of takes away the definition.
Sam: I think it had something to do with cloth. Like the process of making cloth. We don’t really flaunt that meaning.
How did you guys get started with all this??
Sam: Landon and I had been writing songs together since 2006, our junior year of high school. We were in another band at the time called Sangfroid, but when the other member got way into drugs, we ended our involvement in that band. In April of 2008, we began searching for some other guys to play music with and joined with drummer Alex Jones and bassist Alden Coleman. We actually had our first meeting at Buffalo Wild Wings where we discussed what was going down. Since then, Alex and Alden have moved on, but we had some great times with those guys.

Landon: As of right now, it’s just us two.
What's the message to transmit with your music??
Sam: Good question. I’m not sure I have some great message that I’m trying to get across. I’m just writing about how I feel some days, and sometimes I think that appeals to people and they can see where I’m coming from. I would, however, love it if I just inspired at least one person to go out and make art. People need a creative outlet.
What's your method at the time of writting a song??
Sam: For me, it’s always different. Sometimes a song comes from just messing around with a different combination of chords. Sometimes I come up with a clever line in my head. Sometimes I just start singing something out loud that I’ve never heard before and take it from there. I can be by myself or with Landon when my creativity begins to get the best of me.

Landon: Most often, it involves trying your hardest not to procrastinate. The easiest part of writing a song is starting and the hardest is finishing.
Who are your music influences??
Landon: I draw my musical influences from every genre possible. I feel that being able to have an open mind to music allows you to create more original pieces. I listen to everything from classical music (Chopin is my favorite) to jazz to rock to folk to Lil Wayne and Gucci Mane.
Sam: My two biggest musical influences are Damien Rice and Coldplay. Our sound may be somewhere in the middle of the two. I always picture a spectrum in my head of Damien Rice on one side and Coldplay on the other, and I’ll picture one of our songs and try to place it on the spectrum. It’s weird. Some of my other influences include Regina Spektor, Ingrid Michaelson, The Beatles, Modest Mouse, Oasis, Radiohead… there are just so many.

What plans do you guys have for the future??
Sam: We’ve been talking about a possible tour around the Southeast. It would be nice to get out and do some of that. We are always writing new material, of course. In fact, the songs we are currently writing are deemed “third-album material,” though we haven’t even finished our first album. We’ve got a lot to do.
What has been the funniest prank you guys have been or took part while on tour or after a show??
Landon: Well one time we killed a guy after a show, but I’m not sure if you’d consider that a prank or not. Ha ha just kidding...
If you guys were stranded in the middle of nowhere after a show or while on tour. The help is 65 miles away from where you guys are, ¿Who would you guys send to look for help? And if while the rest wait, there's no food and the only way to feed yourself is by eating each other, ¿Who would you eat first?
Sam: Given that there are only two people in Seraplane, I’d run off and go look for help and I’d leave Landon to eat himself if he got hungry.
Landon: I’d send Seamus (Sam's dog) to look for help. If he failed to find anything, I’d eat him.
What country you guys would love to play?
Landon: Probably Italy, Spain, and Holland.
Sam: I’d love to go to the UK. We’ve also got some friends in a band called Starshooters Utd. who live in Switzerland. It would be fun to visit.
With what bands you guys would love to share stage??
Sam: Any of our influences would be great. Mumford and Sons is touring right now. It would be great if they called us up one day and asked us to go on tour with them.

Landon: Damien Rice would be nice to play with. Neil Young as well.
Are you guys OK, with the direction the band is moving so far?
Sam: I think we know what direction we want to go in. We just have a very limited means of achieving it. And I would really like to add a couple of members to help us out with that. Seraplane needs a bassist and a drummer for sure. But I wouldn’t trade my experiences with Seraplane for anything.




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario