jueves, 30 de septiembre de 2010

Allison Gray



How did you get started with all this??  I was born into a musical family. My mom had me start piano lessons when I was 3. I grew up singing in church and local talent shows.
What's the message to transmit with your music?? Most of my songs are about love and relationships. I hope that the listeners will relate to my lyrics through their own experiences. I want to inspire people to share their emotions, and not be afraid to be vulnerable and put themselves out there.

What's your method at the time of writing a song?? Most of my best songs are written in the moment. They come out during a time of intense emotion, and I write them pretty fast. I often have a theme or a basic idea that I want to present, and I build the song around that.

Which are your music influences?? I love artists like Alicia Keys, John Legend, Robin Thicke, Duffy, and Fiona Apple. I am drawn to great songwriters who perform with passion.  My songs are very influenced by my own life experiences.
What plans do you have for the future?? Right now I am promoting my EP Off My Mind which was released in August. I am planning a west coast tour for the spring. I will be stopping in San Francisco, Portland, and Seattle.
Which has been the funniest prank you have been or took part while on tour or after a show??  I haven't really done any pranks, but at a recent show my piano player went missing right before we were suppose to start. The promoter was freaking out and we were all getting nervous. She all of a sudden showed up and we put on a great show. To this day I still don't know where she went.

If you were stranded in the middle of nowhere after a show or while on tour. The help is 65 miles away from where you and your band (If any) are, ¿Who would you send to look for help? And if while the rest wait, there's no food and the only way to feed yourself is by eating each other, ¿Who would you eat first? I would not resort to eating anybody. I am pretty into the outdoors so I could probably find some things in nature to eat if I had to get by for a while. Otherwise I woud walk and find help.  Thankfully I have pretty good outdoor survival skills. 

Which country you would love to play? I have always wanted to play in Australia.

With which bands you would love to share stage?? It would be my dream to share the stage with The Killer, Muse or Coldplay.

Are you OK, with the direction the band is going actually? I am very happy with the way things are going. I have an amazing group of musicians, and a wonderful team supporting me. The industry is very hard and sometimes it can feel overwhelming, but I have worked very hard, and been very patient. I am confident that I have surrounded myself with the right people and it's only a matter of time. 


Check out more: http://www.myspace.com/allisongraymusic

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario