lunes, 27 de septiembre de 2010

Dru B' Shinnin'



How did you get started with all this??
I started rapping a little late comparitively. Started my senior year in high school as a way to simply express myself. The music I was listening to at the time was really speaking to me 2pac, outkast, bone thugs. I related to the lyrics so much at times it felt like I wrote them....so I began writing.

What's the message to transmit with your music??
I just want to join the conversation. For those real hiphop heads and plain music lovers there is an ongoing conversation where your favorite artists basically speak to you in their own style and technique. This is the way so and so feels about the world and this is his own particular way of rhyming words and placing them on beat. Everybody has their own way of doing this (unless their a biter) and I just want people to hear my way of doing it. I also belief I have my own very good and unique way of how I feel about the world and my own particular way of rhyming words and placing them on beat so I just wanna join the conversation with all the good emcees already talking.

What's your method at the time of writing a song??
I listen to the beat and try to out think what the normal way of writing to it would be. At the same time I do try to also give content and style wise what the beat wants. So its like if the beat makes you think about writing about love or a girl I will stay with that emotion but try not to actually write about the girl or love but convey the same emotion that the beat is asking for. Or sometimes I will come up with the song idea first and then ask EyeJay my producer for a beat to match since he is talented enough to taylor make beats towards an emotion your going for. EyeJay is dope.

Which are your music influences??
Rappers. Plain and simple. I like other music and artists but really my whole life its been just rappers. Talking to me everyday in my headphone and car. I have conversations with them everyday of my life. My favorites are Bone Thugs, Outkast, 2pac and the outlawz, nas, talib kweli, black thought, phonte, eminem, etc etc etc

What plans do you have for the future??
We are currently looking for professional backing. We have over the last couple years proved that we can put out great products be it albums, eps, mixtapes, videos, shows, marketing schemes, etc. We just need a push right now....some help. Our Future is a project we are releasing in Nov. called the "Dirty Money Painting"

Which has been the funniest prank you have been or took part while on tour or after a show??
We have a great time laughing at and with our good friend and videographer sean martin we call him Ghost Weed! He needs his own reality show called Drunk after a Dru B Shinin' Show!!

If you were stranded in the middle of nowhere after a show or while on tour. The help is 65 miles away from where you and your band (If any) are, ¿Who would you send to look for help? And if while the rest wait, there's no food and the only way to feed yourself is by eating each other, ¿Who would you eat first?
I would send EyeJay for help my producer and drummer.....he holds it down. I would be forced to eat Issac our manager I think he is cleaner than Ghost and Greg.

Which country you would love to play?
Korea I was born there but was adopted when I was 6 months never been back.....I wanna see people that look like me!!!

With which bands you would love to share stage??
The roots.....wow....lupe fiasco....any hiphop act that has live music.

Are you OK, with the direction the band is going actually?
Yes! Dirty Money Painting is perfect! Our whole artistic direction is focused with this project. The Dirty Money Painting is the us.....exactly how we live. We live in the real world everyday ie Dirty Money and we think on a artistic what if level to.....the painting....no separation just one way of living....we be Dirty Money Painting everyday.


Check out more: http://spheremusicgroup.bandcamp.com/album/dru-b-shinin-a-year-in-my-life

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario