martes, 28 de septiembre de 2010

GETPARADOX



How did you get started with all this??
It's weird. My parents were always trying to get me into music as a child. They sent me to take piano lessons and my father, being a musician, tried to teach me how to play the guitar himself but my music interest didn't kick in until much later in life. I was fortunate to meet people who gave me some guidance here and there but I mostly had to figure this business of music out through trial and error. By 1996 some friends and I got together and released our first record. That’s when people still bought vinyl and tapes. It was easy to drive around to all the mom and pop shops and sell a couple records here and there. We would sell the most through Fat Beats though. I've been releasing music ever since. Sometimes solo and sometimes with a
 group.
 
What's the message to transmit with your music??
Life is a gift so embrace and enjoy it. Take time to learn what being spiritual is really all about. Aim for the stars and don't let your talents go to waste. Ignore the haters; they'll only hold you back. And most of all, reality is stranger than fiction!
 
What's your method at the time of writing a song??
Most of the time I'm influenced by things that actually happen to me. While growing up, I always thought that the songs I heard were all true. I thought that artists experienced everything they put on a record. Now knowing how the music business actually operates, I still can't change from that particular outlook. Don't get me wrong. I would like to write fictional songs as well. I just have to get my mind into it so the songs will sound real.
 
Which is your music influences??
Of course Rap but also Dance, Celtic Classical and Rock. For most of my career, I focused on sounding like a traditional Rapper (Even though I had other musical interests). Over time I felt that I actually hurt myself by doing that. Now I'm musically all over the place. I don't care about fitting in anymore. This is also when I went from 'Paradox' to 'GETPARADOX'.
 
What plans do you have for the future??
For the most part, to get better at what I do. I'm still developing myself as an artist. I'm also developing techniques to decrease the amount of time it takes for me to finish a song. There are also many things I want to express thats too extensive for music. Those are topics that I'll put into book form.
 
Which has been the funniest prank you have been or took part while on tour or after a show??
Oh man! In a hotel. I somewhat remember knocking on a room door in the middle of the night and splashing one of the guys with really cold water when he opened the door. Or was it I that got splashed???
 
If you were stranded in the middle of nowhere after a show or while on tour. The help is 65 miles away from where you and your band (If any) are, ¿Who would you send to look for help? And if while the rest wait, there's no food and the only way to feed yourself is by eating each other, ¿Who would you eat first?
LOL!!! I'd send Rock. He's focused. On another note, I'm a veggie, so I'll do fine chewing on some leaves for the time being! See? My hands aren't shaking.
 
Which country you would love to play?
Egypt. Inside the Great Pyramid. I believe that I could generate some interesting acoustical anomalies in there!
 
With which bands you would love to share stage??
Diddy and Lady Gaga. They know how to put on a stage show! That would be an unforgettable concert!
 
Are you OK, with the direction the band is going actually?
Yeah, I let go of tradition and am more able to express myself. Not being genre specific does have it's marketing challenges but I'm taking it one step at a time.

Check out more: http://www.GETPARADOX.com

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario