jueves, 30 de septiembre de 2010

Moyeen



How did you get started with all this?
Ok Dont laugh, but it all started in the bathroom .. during showers as a little girl, I would sing and think to my self " hmm not bad". Ever since then I loved doing renditions of Whitney, Anita Baker and Onyeka Onwenu.

What's the message to transmit with your music??
My message is of tolerance, peace, and self expression. I message is to Live life and Love and I do that by exploring different themes for my songs :)

What's your method at the time of writting a song??
I don't have any one method, maybe an example will be better. Take the song Mr. Aristo. I heard the title of the song in my head first because Mr.Aristo is a Nigerian slang for sugar daddy . Then the attitude of the song and then came the lyrics and the instrumentation came last ...

Which are your music influences??
I gotta say BobMarley and Fela for consciousness, Sade for Calmness, Shirley Bassey for attitude, Onyeka for realness. Andrew Lloyd webber for story telling- not sure if he scores his own music but I love it so there you go, oh and one more Boney M .. I really love their groove....

What plans do you have for the future??
I plan to record albums, tour, sell records and make relevant music that speaks to people.

Which has been the funniest prank you have been or took part while on tour or after a show??
Sorry to burst your bubble here, but I really dont have any ..... Maybe I need to tour more :)

If you were stranded in the middle of nowhere after a show or while on tour. The help is 65 miles away from where you and your band (If any) are,Who would you send to look for help? Probably the Base guitarist, no I take it back the drummer ......

And if while the rest wait, there's no food and the only way to feed yourself is by eating each other, ¿Who would you eat first? Probably the Lead guitarist

Which country you would love to play?
I would love to play in Nigeria and South Africa.

With which bands you would love to share stage??
Sade ! Shirley Bassey , The roots! and 311- we shud redo Love Song !!!

Are you OK, with the direction the band is going actually? Yes, too delighted actually , right now on my album "Follow My Dreams" is part RnB soul folky pop. So yes I love it !!!!


Check out more: www.reverbnation.com/moyeenmusic and www.facebook.com/moyeenmusic4u

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario