martes, 28 de septiembre de 2010

BARDO



What's the meaning behind the band's name?
BARDO is a Tibetan word. It's referred to mostly in the Tibetan Book Of The Dead and describes the stages between the time we die and the time we're reborn. I am a student of Tibetan philosophy and have always thought it would be a great band name.

How the band started??
I mentioned to my friend and producer Rich Jacques that I wanted to start a rock band just for the fun of it and he insisted we do it. The Bardo sound was created by the two of us in the studio. It turned out to be much more fun than I had even imagined.

What's the message to transmit with your music??
I think Bardo is about expressing yourself honestly, specifically ones angst and not taking yourself too seriously at the same time. I have the opportunity to say things in this arena that I can't in others which is liberating. But when you coach it in humor I think it's actually much more powerful.

What's your method at the time of writting a song??
It totally varies from song to song and person to person. Some songs pop right out and for others it's like giving birth to a very large baby. Lot of labor involved. I write most of my songs in the car. Then I'll bring them to one of my co-writers to help me finish them. I'm a great starter but not a great finisher.

Which are your music influences??
The Pretenders, Blondie, Patti Smith

What plans do you guys have for the future??
We hope to be touring soon.

Which has been the funniest prank you guys have been or took part while on tour or after a show??
Once someone put a fake pile of poo on my stool on stage while I wasn't looking...I won't say who.

If you guys were stranded in the middle of nowhere after a show or while on tour. The help is 65 miles away from where you guys are, ¿Who would you guys send to look for help? And if while the rest wait, there's no food and the only way to feed yourself is by eating each other, ¿Who would you eat first?
Wow - that's a unique question. Not many people match my sick thinking but you might be in the running here.
Well I'm the one who would go for help because I have the biggest mouth and can be heard from miles away. Then I'm pretty sure Rich would be eaten first
because he's the sweetest. : )

Which country you guys would love to play?
Australia...then anywhere in Europe after that.

With which bands you guys would love to share stage??
We think we belong with Semi Precious Weapons. But RH Chili Peppers, Weezer, Kaiser Chiefs, Teddybears, or Hockey would be good toog

Are you guys OK, with the direction the band is going actually?
We're very happy with the direction. The only think we would change is the speed. We'd like to be moving a little faster butthat's a rock band for you. Fast is never fast enough!

Check out more: http://www.bardoband.com

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario