jueves, 23 de septiembre de 2010

Morgen la Civita


How did you started with all this??
I have always been interested in music! But, I started songwriting professionally when I met my husband, Jake R. Tanner. He is a mix engineer, mostly in Latin Music, but over the past few years, has gotten more involved in Rock, Pop and Blues.

What's the message to transmit with your music??
I think that I mostly try to explore the darker or unspoken parts of myself in my music. I guess what I am trying to get across is that we all have a side to us that we don't really like to show the world. But, by opening ourselves up, we can improve our relationships with others.

What's your method at the time of writting a song??
It's funny, because so many of my songs pop into my head fully formed..usually while I am sleeping..Then, I scramble to get it all down before I forget; much like trying to remember a dream. The longer I "awake" the further from my memory it becomes.

Which is your music influences??
I am a huge fan of Annie Lennox. I think she is a wonderful lyricist! I love artists that use world instruments in their music..Like Peter Gabriel & Joan Osborne. I also love Indian music and am a big fan of Anoushka Shankar.

What plans do you have for the future??
Right now, I am feverishly trying to wrap up my 2nd album. It is called "Old Souls" and will be released in October. After that, I have a lot of collaborative projects to finish up.

Which has been the funniest prank you have been or took part while on tour or after a show??
I have paralyzing stage fright. It's awful. When I see so many people watching me, I completely forget all the words to my own songs. Once, I had to make notes on index cards and tape them to the ceiling. I kept looking up and someone yelled out "Is it going to rain??" Horrifying!

If you were stranded in the middle of nowhere after a show or while on tour. The help is 65 miles away from where you and your band (If any) are, ¿Who would you send to look for help? And if while the rest wait, there's no food and the only way to feed yourself is by eating each other, ¿Who would you eat first?
Well, firstly I would eat my husband, he would want it that way :) Although most of us have some meat on our bones, so we are all fair game I suppose! As far as how I would call for help, I would shut my eyes very, very tight and bang out a drum pattern on the trees until the Loa showed up to save us :)

Which country you would love to play?
I would love to go to India and team up with some musicians there. I am completely in love with Indian music, food and culture.

With which bands you would love to share stage??
I would probably faint if I ever really had the chance to play with some of my idols..but, I would love to play with Joan Osborne. She is so Earthy and real and seems like she would be a lot of fun to hang out with after the show!

Are you OK, with the direction the band is going actually?
I am still trying to define myself, stylistically. I am always trying to blend several styles of music into one. Sometimes that makes it hard to be heard by a broader audience.  I think that I will never be really satisfied and will always be trying to improve, change and perfect our direction.

Check out more of this artist by going to http://morgenlacivita.com/

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario