jueves, 23 de septiembre de 2010

Vertigo Blue



What's the meaning behind the band's name? Vertigo Blue began as a three member Synth Pop band with members: Mike Naus, Colin Travis and Stacey Quebodeaux. We needed a name and Colin came up with one name: "Vertigo" and Mike came up with "Digital Blue". We combined the names and came up with Vertigo Blue. Later, Mike went on as a solo artist and kept the name. Sometimes there is a TM at the end of the name... this stands for the Registered Mark as I own on the name.

How the band started?? After being the keyboardist in some alternative rock bands, I had left to go into the music that I liked, being techno and synth pop. I met Colin at a local music gear store and as we traded synthesizers- we decided to get together and work on a band. This was in late 1995 and in 1996 we came up with Vertigo Blue and had a song on a Control-Alt-Delete Network compilation CD.

What's the message to transmit with your music?? My goal are positive messages yet at times as in a riddle. I also write in space and alien type themes.

What's your method at the time of writting a song?? Songs vary... usually music first then lyrics. I am into synthesizers, so I try to experiment with different type of sounds.

Which is your music influences?? Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, The Crystal Method -the list is extensive. 

What plans do you guys have for the future?? I am a solo artist and am working on completing my second full length album. I hope to tour soon.

Which has been the funniest prank you guys have been or took part while on tour or after a show?? As I am the one who usually likes to prank... as a solo artist, I really can't think of any at the moment.

If you guys were stranded in the middle of nowhere after a show or while on tour. The help is 65 miles away from where you guys are, ¿Who would you guys send to look for help? And if while the rest wait, there's no food and the only way to feed yourself is by eating each other, ¿Who would you eat first? As I am solo (by myself)... I would have to walk. As for eating... I would be in a situation!

Which country you guys would love to play? Outside of the U.S. - England and Australia.

With which bands you guys would love to share stage?? Duran Duran and Ladytron.

Are you guys OK, with the direction the band is going actually? I am pleased with the way things are going for my work as Vertigo Blue.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario