jueves, 23 de septiembre de 2010

Jane's Parkway

 Photo by Nadine Lindberg
What's the meaning behind the band's name?
"Jane's Parkway" was originally the FIRST band I ever played in as a kid. I remember the awesome times playing on the drummer's back porch for our families. The name brings that image to mind for me.

How was the band started?
I needed to impress a girl. She was awesome and I needed an excuse to drive 12 hours to see her. It was the best thing I ever did. Ever since that first show as "Jane's Parkway" things have completely snowballed. First with the EP "Goodnight, Ezra", then the gigs followed.

What's the message you want to transmit with your music?
To show that romance isn't dead.

What's your method at the time of writing a song?
I usually pick a phrase or word that seems fitting for my mood. Then I base a sentence around that, then another, until I finally have a verse. Those words are guaranteed to be exactly how I feel as long as I don't hinder them. The verses are where you put your heart out. I was told once that "The verse is for you, and the chorus is for the audience".

What are your musical influences?
As cliche as it may sound, life, relationships, friends and family. These don't affect how I play, but they affect why I play.

What plans do you guys have for the future?
Keep playing music and hopefully to get a large enough fanbase that makes putting more tunes out there easier to do.

Which has been the funniest prank you guys have been or took part in while on tour or after a show?
There's a giant toy spider that me and a guy I play with have used to scare each other quite a bit. Her name is "Sheila" and it is the scariest thing you could ever imagine.

****If you guys were stranded in the middle of nowhere after a show or while on tour. The help is 65 miles away from where you guys are, Who would you guys send to look for help? And if while the rest wait, there's no food and the only way to feed yourself is by eating each other, Who would you eat first? 
*****Kinda hard to answer that question since I'm the only member of the band. =)

Which country would you guys love to play?
Japan. Who doesn't love Hello Kitty?

With which bands would you guys love to share the stage?
The Scene Aesthetic, New Found Glory, Jamestown Story. So many to choose but certainly those.

Are you guys OK, with the direction the band is going actually? 
Completely. Like I said, everything has snowballed in 6 months from the first show, through the recording, then all the way to talking with you fine folks. It has been great.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario